Friday, January 16, 2009

Washington State Palette








This is my submission for 3 Blind Mice's challenge swap. I am honored to be chosen for this group. I challenged myself to see if I could carve 12 tiny recognizable Washington State icons. Here's what I chose: Mt. Rainer, Pacific Northwest Native American art, salmon, evergreen, Bald Eagle, the Seattle Space Needle, coffee, tug boat, Rhododrenden, rain, apple and George Washington.



I still have one left for a trade!



The Migrant Monarch card is a design I've had in head for a while now. I had been hanging on to cards with rainforest collage on them for sometime now. I finally found a suitable butterfly to carve and presto! The monarch is colored with twinkling H2Os and the ribbon is enhanced with pearl ex pigments. This card is kind of simple, but I'm happy with shimmery vibrancy.



The card on the bottom is from the Incredibly Victorian Valentine swap. I love how this card turned out. My husband doesn't like the fact that the stamp isn't very Victorian. We will see if anyone notices and I do think the colors are very Victorian.





No comments: