Thursday, November 20, 2008

Here's what I did for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap.  The design is from a cross stitch pattern. I was going to actually cross stitch on the card, but I got ahead of myself and glued it to cardboard before I could do that. I colored the birds with tissue paper and markers. This card was fun to make. 



This bottom photo is what I did for Lithium for the Periodic table swap. Lithium is found in batteries and mood stabilization medication among other things. I decided to parody those colorful ipod ads with someone who was listening to their ipod and suffering from depression.  These cards had to have an atomic number so I carved a 3 inside an apple. 

Below is the filing system I used to sort the element cards and a picture of me packing up cards. What a mess! Alex and I sorted over 10,000 cards, but it wasn't brain bending at all. I was like dealing cards into slots. I had bags and bags of bubbled envelopes. 



No comments: